For more information on the programs we offer:
- QPR—QPR stands for Question, Persuade, Refer- 3 simple steps anyone can learn to help save a life from suicide. Just as people trained in CPR and the Heimlich Maneuver help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade and refer someone to the help they need. QPR, from the QPR Institute (www.qprinstitute.com) has been researched and proven to be effective. It is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Practices and Polices (NREPP). QPR trainings are 1.5 hours to 2 hours in length and are offered by the CCSP Task Force members who are certified QPR instructors at no cost to participants.
- Mental Health First Aid- Like regular first aid can help someone in a medical emergency until help arrives, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is given until appropriate treatment and support are received or until the crisis resolves. This 8-hour public education program introduces participants to risk factors and warning signs of mental illness and suicide. From the National Council on Behavioral Health, MHFA (www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org) has been researched and proven to be effective. It is listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Practices and Polices (NREPP). MHFA trainings are offered through Chester County Department of Human Services. The CCSP Task Force members who are trained instructors help deliver this program in Chester County at no cost to the participants.
- Liv Live Concerts (www.facebook.com/livliveconcerts) The Jake Kelleher LivLive Concerts: To raise awareness about depression and suicide prevention.
For more information about the above trainings or Liv Live concert, please contact CCSP Task Force firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on suicide prevention:
- American Association of Suicidology promotes research, public awareness programs, public education, and training for professionals and volunteers and serves as a national clearinghouse for information on suicide www.suicidology.org.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research and education and outreach to individuals with mood disorders and those affected by suicide www.afsp.org.
- National Suicide Prevention Resource Center provides prevention support, training, and resources to assist organizations and individuals to develop suicide prevention programs, interventions and policies, and to advance the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention www.sprc.org.
- Delaware County Suicide Prevention Task Force established in 2002 by individuals from the county who had lost someone close to suicide and who felt that more should be done to spare others this tragedy and the stigma that accompanies it. In 2003 it was adopted by the Delaware County Medical Society, which had aided it since its inception www.delcosuicideprevention.org.